Our mission at Rita is "To unlock the potential of online data by making the data economy fairer, more accessible and transparent." What do we mean by this?
- Big Tech are currently sucking up your data for free. We want the current data economy to evolve into one where consumers get a piece of the pie. We want our users to get back some of the value of your data that companies have been slurping up for free.
- We provide users with the ability to monetise their data
- Our name Rita derives from the RIght To Access which is core to the GDPR. It allows for individuals to access the data that companies have about them and gain control.
- We believe that everyone should have access to the new user-centric data ecosystem.
- We want users to know what’s going on with their data. Users have the right to know who it’s been shared with and how it’s being used.
- Knowledge is power and transparency is key to being able to make the right decisions.
- We envision consumers back at the helm. We want you to understand your data and make your own decisions on how your personal data is being used.
- Our Vision is to establish a privacy-first data ecosystem, building greater trust and transparency between consumers and companies, where companies give back what users are owed for their data = An Interoperable data economy without monopolies.